• CASA– Court Appointed Special Advocated CASA) of Orange County is a non-profit organization that trains community volunteers to serve as powerful mentors and advocates for current foster youth. CASA workers also help foster youth who are aging out of foster care with the transition to college.
  • United Friends of the Children (UFOC)– United Friends of the Children empowers current and former foster youth on their journey to self-sufficiency through service-enriched education and housing programs, advocacy, and consistent relationships with a community of people who care.
  • Orangewood Children’s Foundation– The Orangewood Children’s Foundation provides financial assistance and educational support to current and former orange county foster youth up to their 25th birthday. For more information on all the services please visit the website.
  • THP+ Transitional Housing– The THP+ Foster Care is a licensed placement for youth, ages 18-21 who are participating in extended foster care services (AB12). THP+ providers are certified by county departments of social services and licensed as Transitional Housing Placement
  • OC United – OC United is just that – Orange County, united. We’re all the people who have ever thought, “I wish I could do something.” We’re a collection of citizens, non-profits, and churches that believe we can accomplish more working together than apart. We are based in the Christian faith but welcome anyone with a pulse. We believe that our community is full of faces and personalities that need love and attention. We believe that you are a part of our community. You make us who we are by taking action.


**If you are not certain which county your “ward of court” letter should come from please contact
State of CA Ombudsman’s Office and request a copy of the Ward of the Court Letter.

Social Services

  • CA Dept of Social Services for Foster Youth -This is a website created for the youth to have a voice and share their complaints. This site also provides answers to many questions that youth rights.
  • Social Services Office – click to find the nearest location to you or Fullerton College to re-apply or apply for medical and dental through Medi-cal, Cal Fresh, and CalWORKs.
  • CalFresh Application Assistance – You can book an appointment online and will be instructed on what documents you will need to provide to complete the application. Please make sure to also request a verification letter that you are a student participating in the EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs or FYSI Program.

Homeless Youth Resources

  • Homeless Youth Handbook – This website provides resources for emergency shelters, foster care, housing, legal, domestic violence, immigration and etc.